Innovation PEI, Opportunities New Brunswick, Nova Scotia Business Inc., and Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) together are seeking interest from companies in being part of an Atlantic Canada trade mission to the United Kingdom and The Netherlands during the week of June 11-16, 2017.
Experienced Atlantic Canadian exporters are invited to participate in this multi-sector trade mission led by the Premiers and with particular focus on food, information technologies, infrastructure and building products and services, clean tech and renewables suppliers, and industrial manufacturing sectors. Canada’s ongoing engagements with Europe also present opportunities across research and development, investment and labour mobility which may be of interest to other key industry sectors on Prince Edward Island.
The mission will comprise of these main components:
- business-to-business matchmaking for full delegates throughout the week with bases of operation in London and Rotterdam and with a guaranteed minimum of six pre-qualified meetings with prospective business partners;
- networking events in each city to enhance the opportunity to reach potential business partners within the regions visited;
two country market briefings, and one mission briefing in London;
- mission preparation meetings/webinars/conference calls;
- several market preparedness workshops/webinars/seminars are being planned on topics such as: CE Marking, food tariffs, regulations and shipping logistics, food labelling, government procurement, website localization, country market scans, etc.;
- 8 hours of follow up support for full delegates;
- hotel room blocks and recommendations for country-to-country travel arrangements;
- all in-market group travel;
- logistics support for travel to/from meetings for full delegates.
The mission will begin in London on late Sunday afternoon June 11th with a market and mission briefing, followed by business meetings on Monday and Tuesday in the London region then travel to Rotterdam for a market briefing on Wednesday evening. Business meetings will take place on Thursday and Friday based out of Rotterdam with a possibility of the group moving to Amsterdam on Friday.
Interested companies are encouraged to participate in the full mission (UK, Netherlands) however they may jump on/off as business opportunities require.
The cost to participate for each company as a Full Delegate with matchmaking services is $1,000, non-refundable after April 15th.
Participants are responsible for hotels, meals, all airfare, trains and other country-to country and city-to-city transportation. Group transportation will be provided for any travel required to/from group events.
Associate delegates are welcome to attend trade mission activities however they will not receive matchmaking and related logistics support services. The cost for each associate delegate is $500.
Select full delegates may be offered supplementary follow up support for three months by the matchmaking team for an additional $2000 non-refundable fee. Interested firms are invited to discuss suitability with their provincial contact immediately post-mission.
Payment of fees is due immediately upon acceptance. Payment is to be made by cheque payable to Innovation PEI and submitted to your provincial contact identified below.
Expression of Interest process and deadline: March 31, 2017
Applicants will be pre-screened for eligibility and suitability and will be notified of their acceptance as a participant in this trade mission no later than April 15th. There will be a maximum of 40 full delegates and 10 associate delegates selected from across Atlantic Canada.
Interested firms with experience in exporting and with Western Europe in their market plan are encouraged to submit their Expression of Interest to their provincial contact identified below.
Expressions of Interest should contain at minimum the following information:
- Description of company’s product and service to be promoted in Europe;
- Value proposition of product or service including key benefits suitable for the UK and Netherlands markets;
- Overview of current market development efforts in Europe, or other international market(s) if Europe is new to the company;
- Objectives for this mission.
Accepted participants will be provided with a detailed registration form to be used by the matchmaking team and a detailed mission agenda including dates for pre-mission meetings and matchmaking program deliverables.
Submission of the Expression of Interest does not guarantee acceptance by the provinces in the trade mission.
For more information about this mission and to submit your Expression of Interest, please contact:
Attention: Scott Ferris, Director, Global Trade Services
Tel: 902 368 5952 Cel: 902 626 8796 Email: email@example.com
This mission is subject to funding from federal-provincial contribution agreement(s) and may be cancelled should funding become unavailable by the provinces and/or by ACOA. Provinces will notify participants without delay should this mission not proceed.