Through its Export Help! program, Trade Team PEI links export-ready Island companies to specialized consultants who assist with market research and planning and by answering fundamental questions regarding trade or export. A partnership between the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Innovation PEI, this program covers most of the costs associated with such customized assistance.
Through Export Help!, exporters or potential exporters can access expertise and advice in a number of key areas:
- Developing an international market entry strategy to explore the potential of export products in new markets.
- Identifying supply chain options, including the most appropriate shipping method, freight forwarders, transportation, insurance as well as packaging and labeling requirements.
- Developing an export-specific marketing plan to guide international business pursuits.
- Planning effective e-commerce.
- Ensuring all essential paperwork is prepared in advance, including formal/commercial entry of goods; penalties; certificate of origin; standards documentation; health/sanitary certificates.
- Researching target export markets; e.g. market size, demand, competition and culturally-appropriate business conduct.
For more information:
Contact the Export Help! Program Coordinator at Canada Business – Prince Edward Island at 902-566-7619 or 1-888-576-4444 or download the Export Help! Program PDF.