A diverse crowd of entrepreneurs, industry associations, business support organizations, government agencies and Trade Team PEI partners came together on the morning of October 12, 2016 to attend the annual Trade Team PEI Export Day.
- Welcoming remarks came from Sean Casey, Member of Parliament for Charlottetown and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Attorney General for Canada, and the Honorable Albert Roach, Minister of Finance for the Government of Prince Edward Island.
- The keynote presentation was done by Craig Alexander, Vice President and Chief Economist for the Conference Board of Canada. His presentation can be found here.
- Market Spotlight reports were recently commissioned by Trade Team PEI to look at key markets for PEI companies to find export opportunities. The reports are linked below
- A entrepreneur panel discussion was held that included three distinct PEI businesses. Doug Coles of Coles Associates presented how their long term commitment to relationship building has led to business opportunities abroad; Wayne Linkletter of Top Dog Manufacturing spoke of how he and his partner have built their business organically and found exporting to 13 foreign companies challenging yet rewarding; and Chris Van Horne of Airbly spoke of how his new entreprise has taken the initial learning steps to finding how his PEI operation can find sales internationally
- Trade Team PEI also presented its annual Exporter of the Year award to Sekisui Diagnostic PEI Inc.